Vitamin D is produced naturally when our skin is exposed to strong sunlight. However, in the northern hemisphere this type of natural light is not available during much of the year, therefore Canadians are at a greater risk of deficiency. Other at-risk groups include seniors, people with darker skin, vegans and those on a low protein diet. Health professionals in Canada estimate that increased vitamin D blood levels would reduce incidence of a variety of conditions, including osteoporosis, cardiovascular diseases, multiple sclerosis, pneumonia, and cancer. Adequate levels vitamin D are important for the prevention of many chronic health conditions.
Medicinal ingredient in each tablet:
Vitamin D (Vitamin D3).......25 mcgequivalent to 1,000 IU of vitamin D (cholecalciferol) activity
isomalt, croscarmellose sodium, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate (vegetable), calcium silicate
Contains no wheat, dairy or peanuts.
Adult dosage:Take 1 tablet daily or as directed by a health care practitioner.
- One tablet provides 1,000 IU of Vitamin D, the maximum allowed in a Canadian supplement
- D3 (cholecalciferol) derived from lanolin from sheep’s wool
- Vitamin D is essential to calcium absorption and helps support bone density and helps reduce fractures
- Vitamin D has been studied for its role in preventing various chronic health conditions and low vitamin D levels have been associated with increased rates of certain cancers
- Tiny, fast-dissolving tablets that can be chewed, swallowed whole or dissolved under the tongue or in any liquid
- Contains no ingredients that are a source of gluten
- Tested for guaranteed purity and potency
- Good Manufacturing Practices standards
- NPN approved